Saturday, December 3, 2011

StumbleUpon

If you're wondering how I find all these delightful little websites, here's the secret: StumbleUpon. It's an addictive website and/or brower add-on that I guarantee will suck hour upon hour out of your day as you sit there clicking the little "stumble" button. Consider yourself warned. Seriously. It's dangerous.


After you register, you'll be asked to check off topics you like from a bunch of categorized lists. Once they know what you're interested in, they'll send you to a random site that fits one of your interests every time you push the stumble button.


I added this to Firefox about four years ago, and I don't even want to think about how many hours of my life are now gone because of it. BUT, I've also found some really good blogs and websites that I love and learned a lot of random information. I like random information. You never know when you're going to need to know the process of growing a prize heavyweight pumpkin. (The winner this year was over 1600 lbs, FYI.)

So, this is fun, but also deadly for your productivity. So be forewarned.